The line of links directly below each search result title contains link tools that provide you with additional information about the search result and allow you to take certain actions. All of the link tools are shown by default but you can use prefs to customize the ones you wish to show or remove the line entirely.
- Like – This link lets you like that webpage on Facebook. (You need to be logged in and to have connected your Facebook account to blekko to do this.)
- Add – Add that result to a slashtag.
- Seo – See SEO information about that result. SEO information includes host rank, # of pages crawled, inbound links, and more.
- Dup – see sites with duplicate content to that site
- Rss – gives you the option to subscribe to an RSS feed for that site
- Links – displays inbound links to that site
- Cache – see cached content from that site
- Source – view the site’s source code
- Ip – see other sites with that ip address
- Adsense – see sites with the same Adsense ID
- Site – search that site only
- Similar – see similar sites
- Info – see quick info about the site
- Spam – mark the site as spam so you won’t see it again
Posted in search
Tagged link tools
The Top bar includes the search box and the slashtag bar. The top bar is fixed in place by default but you can change this in prefs.
Search box – enter your query and slashtags and hit “search” to search blekko, e.g., green lantern /movies. You can search using more than one slashtag, for example Barack Obama /blogs /date=march2007.
Slashtag bar – the slashtag bar is located directly below the search box and contains information about how many results were returned as well as providing additional filtering options.
- # of results – the number of results are shown. If a slashtag was used, there will be a link to that slashtag. Click on the link to see the sites in the slashtag.
- Sort options – /relevance is the usual default option, but you can change the sort order to /date or /likes. /date will order the results by date while /likes will only show results from you and your friends’ Facebook likes. (/likes is only available if you have connected your blekko account to Facebook.)
- Slashtags – suggested based on your query. You can also access your own slashtags by clicking on the arrow next to your username. Then you can click on any of your own slashtags to search using that slashtag instead.
- Share – click the drop down to share the search result page on either Facebook or Twitter.
Posted in search
Tagged top bar
Yes. The top bar is fixed in place by default but you can change this in prefs.
- Click on the prefs link in the top right hand corner to bring up the prefs pop-up.
- Click on the arrow by View Settings.
- Check the box for “Don’t fix the top bar.”
- Click on “save settings” and then close the prefs pop-up.