Clicking the “more” link that appears directly below each search result title will reveal link tools that can provide additional information about the search result and allow you to take certain actions. Here are some of the link tools that might appear and what features they offer:
- Add – lets you add that search result to a slashtag you select in the adjacent drop down menu
- Cache – see cached content from that site
- Links – displays inbound links to that site
- Source – view the site’s source code
- Site – repeat the search, only searching on that site
- Similar – see similar sites
- Spam – mark the site as spam so you won’t see it again
Posted in search
Tagged link tools
The top bar includes the search box and some helpful links to login, edit preferences, or open our help site. The top bar is fixed in place by default but you can change this in prefs.
Search box – enter your query and slashtags and click the magnifying glass button to search blekko, e.g., green lantern /movies. You can search using more than one slashtag, for example Barack Obama /blogs /date=march2007.
Other links – some links might appear to the right of the search box:
- Help – opens this help site
- Prefs – opens a preferences box to modify search preferences and appearance
- Login – takes you to the account login page
Below the top bar – a few more bits of information that might appear directly below the top bar (you may need to scroll to the top of the results page to see these):
- # of results – the estimated number of results is shown.
- slashtag – if a slashtag was specified in the search (or triggered automatically by our smart categorizer) there will be a link to that slashtag on the right side of the page below the top bar. Click on the link to see the sites in the slashtag.
- search verticals – Web, Images, and Videos, links appear on the left side of the page below the top bar. These allow you to search for web pages (default) or images and videos.
- search filters – additional slashtag suggestions for common categories appear here, below the search verticals
- location – this is your location, which we can estimate based on your internet service provider. It appears below the search filters. You may click “edit location” to specify a different city.
Posted in search
Tagged top bar
Yes. The top bar is fixed in place by default but you can change this in prefs.
- Click on the prefs link in the top right hand corner of the search results page to bring up the prefs pop-up.
- Click on the arrow by “View Settings.”
- Check the box for “Don’t fix the top bar.”
- Click “save settings” to ensure the change is saved.
To mark a site as spam, click on the spam link below the title of the site. This will place the site in your own personal spam slashtag. The sites that you mark as spam will no longer show up when you search on blekko (while you are logged in.) If you place a site in your spam slashtag in error, you can manually remove it by going to your profile, clicking on the spam slashtag, and deleting the URL of the site you wish to remove from the slashtag.