Yes, you can. Be careful though. If you created your account through Facebook, you might lose access to the account if you disconnect from Facebook. To make sure you can continue to use your blekko account, verify that you have entered an email address and password in the Account Settings before you disconnect. That way you can continue to login to blekko as well as recover your password should you need to.
You can request a password reset email by clicking on the ‘forgot password?’ link on the login page. blekko can only email you if you verified your email address when you created your account. If you did not verify your email address, or you have any problems recovering your password, please email blekko support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in account
No. Once your username is set, you cannot change it. If you wish to have a different username, you can delete your account and create a new one. Be sure to save the contents of your slashtags, and re-create them in your new account.
No. When you login with Facebook, we set a username for you based on your Facebook username. Unfortunately this cannot be changed. If you wish to choose your blekko username, you will need to create your own blekko account and then connect your Facebook account to the blekko account.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 requires that we ask for your birthdate when you create an account on blekko. This birthdate is just used to verify you are old enough to create an account on blekko and is not stored on blekko’s systems.
blekko’s website offers you, whether you are logged in or not, options to set preferences that enhance privacy. Click on the “prefs” link in the upper right to change your privacy settings.
The privacy options in prefs are:
- SuperPrivacy – blekko already has built-in controls to manage personally identifiable data, for example, we delete all IP Addresses within 48 hours of use. This setting goes one step further by helping you manage aggregate and/or anonymous information that may be disclosed regarding your activities on blekko.com. This setting prevents click tracking data from being collected by blekko.com and ensures that no session information is kept regarding your activities on blekko.com. This setting also activates all of the below settings.
- No Facebook features – This feature disables all of blekko’s integration with Facebook.
- No ads – This feature disables display of all ads on blekko.com. Also, blekko will not send any information identifiable to you (such as, IP Address, user agent string and search keywords) to a third party for advertising or marketing purposes.
- Always use HTTPS on blekko – This feature helps make communications on blekko.com more secure and private, for example making it more difficult for other users to view your blekko.com activity on an unsecured wireless network.
- HTTPS Preferred – This feature helps make links to search results on blekko.com more secure. If you have this option selected, and if blekko has determined that the link you are visiting has an https equivalent, blekko will link to the https version of the website. This makes it more difficult for other users to view your network activity on an unsecured wireles network.
- No External DYM – If you turn on this feature, blekko will not send any of your search strings to our spelling vendor to discern if words were misspelled or if there are other relevant search terms. Even if this privacy feature is not enabled, blekko only sends search string information. As a result, by default, the only way for a search string to be identifiable to you would be if you submitted personal information in your search query (for example, if you searched for your first name and last name).
Posted in privacy
No, blekko does not currently have a mobile app.
No, blekko does not currently have an iPhone app.
Posted in mobile