By default, downloading the blekko spam-free search bar also changes your homepage and default search engine to blekko. When downloading the search bar, you should have a chance to choose what settings on your IE (Internet Explorer) browser to change. Please let us know if you encounter any problems with choosing these settings while installing.
(For help on uninstalling the search bar, please click here.)
Here are instructions for changing some of those settings manually.
To change your homepage:
For earlier versions of IE: First, go to the URL of the page you want to be your home page. Here are some common homepages: Google, Comcast, MSN, Yahoo!, AOL. If you would like one of those to be your homepage, click on the link. While you are on the page that you’d like to be your homepage, follow these instructions.
1. Click on the down arrow next to Tools in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
2. Click on “Internet Options”. This will bring up a pop-up.
3. Click on the “General” Tab.
4. The very top section says “Home page” and is for changing your homepage.
5. Delete http://blekko.com from that area.
6. Click on “Use current” to set the URL you are on as your homepage.
7. Click on “OK” on the bottom of the pop-up. This should close the pop-up.
8. Close your browser.
9. Re-open your browser.
To change your default search engine:
For earlier versions of IE:
1. Click on the down arrow next to the magnifying glass icon in the default search box in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
2. Click on “Find More Providers”
3. You’ll be in a page called the “Internet Explorer Gallery” that lists search engines you can choose to add to your IE. Scroll down and click on “Google Search”.
4. Click on the button that says “Add to Internet Explorer”
5. This will bring up a pop-up asking if you want to add “Google” as a search provider. Check the box that says “Make this my default search provider” and click on “Add”.
6. Google should now be showing as your default search provider in the search box.